Do Not Use For:
Gases and vapors including those present in paint spraying operations, unless combined with approved chemical cartridges. Asbestos. Sandblasting. This respirator filter does not supply oxygen. Concentrations that exceed 10 times the OSHA PEL with a half facepiece, or 50 times the PEL with a full facepiece when quantitatively fit tested, or applicable government regulations, whichever is lower.
Important Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
1. The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
2. The concentration level of contaminant(s).
3. Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. Do not use with beards, on other facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
4. Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation and fit testing.
Time Use Limitation
If filter becomes damaged, soiled, or breathing becomes difficult, leave the contaminated area and dispose of the filter. If used in environments, containing only oil aerosols, dispose of filter after 40 hours of use or 30 days, whichever is first.
These filters help reduce exposure to certain particles. Misuse may result in sickness or death. Before use, the wearer must read and understand User Instructions provided as a part of product packaging. Time use limitations may apply. For proper use, see package instructions, supervisor or call 3M OH&ESD Technical Service in U.S.A., 1-800-243-4630. In Canada, call 1-800-267-4414.
* Tested against particles approximately 0.3 micron in size (mass median aerodynamic diameter) per 42 CFR 84.
** The 2071 filter contains no components made from fiberglass.
*** The 2071 filter can be used as a stand-alone filter with 3M™ 6000, 7500, 700X and 7800 Series Facepieces or as a prefilter with 3M™ 5000 Series Respirators and 6000 Series Cartridges (use with 502 adapter).
Close this window.