Replacement Instructions for Skuttle Humidifier #A04-1725-045
Please refer to your owner's manual for additional instructions and safety guidelines.
- Turn humidifier off, disconnect or turn off electrical power and water supply to humidifier before servicing.
- Remove the humidifier cover by rotating the cover knob counterclockwise at the top front face of the humidifier cover.
- Remove the evaporator pad by grasping the pad frame lifting it vertically and pulling outward to remove.
- Disassemble the frame and pad assembly.
- Wipe or scrape out any calcium deposits from the distribution tray, pad frame and catch tray in the bottom of the humidifier mounting base.
- Place the new media in the frame with the colored indicator pointing up and put the distribution tray on top.
- Replace the wick and reassemble the pad frame.
- Remove the drain hose from the bottom of the humidifier. The hose should be flexible, bend back and forth several times to break and loosen and minerals inside hose.
- Then flush with a pressurized water source and reattach to the humidifier drain fitting.
- Reinstall the pad frame assembly, humidifier cover and turn on water supply and electrical power.
- Turn the furnace thermostat up to activate the heating system, also turn the humidifier humidistat up all the way to assure operation.
- After the furnace blowers activates check for proper draining of the humidifier through the drain hose and make certain there are no leaks at or around the humidifier.
- Return the furnace thermostat and humidifier humidistat to their proper settings after completing this procedure.
Close this window.